Wednesday, February 9, 2011

X-Position: Kathryn Immonen

CBR: "Wolverine & Jubilee" first issue arrived in stores in January, which naturally means questions from the X-community. Fortunately, CBR lends a hand with answers as Kathryn Immonen joins for her first ever X-Position!

I greatly enjoyed the first issue "Wolverine and Jubilee." It's a fantastic issue filled with action and fine-tuned characterization, but I do wonder why you might've chosen Pixie, Armor, and Rockslide as supporting characters for this story. Although I do want to see Jubilee form new relationships, I'm more curious about her older relationships (outside of Wolverine), like those with Storm, Psylocke, Gambit, and Husk. How did you pick your supporting players? And did you intentionally avoid the latter?

Kathryn Immonen: Aside from the fact that I'm nuts about Rockslide, I think it's a natural fit to put Jubilee into contact with the other young X-Men, even if it was only for contrast. At this point, she's going to be seventeen forever. She'll always be one of the kids, even if -- all things being equal -- she's going to outlive Wolverine. She's never been more of an outsider. There'll be time, I'm sure, to get to her interaction with many of the other X-Men, but for this, we started with the one constant in her life (Wolverine) and moved forward from there.

No comments: