Spoilers: Rachel and the Shi’ar are ambushed by the same freakazoids seen in Dethbird’s mind. Psylocke and Monet arrive to help them fight the creatures. Betsy notices Rachel didn’t help D’Keth as she is still upset with him for suggesting the Grey family mass murder. Elsewhere, a Shi’ar woman named Sharada Darthri attends a reunion with representatives of alien fictions about the Deathbird situation. They are called the Providian Order and inform her that their agent on the Peak (Mr. Tyger) reported the escape of Deathbird, who’s still pregnant. It is revealed that the Order tasked Sharada to create a new species in secrecy, but now the Deathbird situation has gotten out of control so they order Sharada to clean up her mess. Meanwhile, the Shi’ar notice the sigil of the Providian Order tattooed on the freakazoids who attacked them. Back on the Peak, Dr. Reyes reveal Deathbird was pregnant to Brand and Jubilee. Sharada contacts Mr. Tyger and orders him to kill everyone on the Peak. The X-Men watch holographic surveillance of Deathbird in stasis. They discover that the scientists (working for Sharada Darthri) essentially spliced her unborn baby’s DNA with Kree, meaning it is partially Human, Sh'iar and now Kree. Vulcan is assumed as the baby’s father and that the reason it has been so long is that Deathbird was in stasis and that slowed the embryo's growth. They discover that Deathbird woke up from her stasis when the scientists injected the baby with Kree genomes. She ran away and that is when SWORD found her. On the Peak, Dr. Reyes notices Storm has been strangled and Dr. Tyger reveals it was his doing and not it was her turn to die.
ComicBook.com: In an extended question and answer session with fans, via Yahoo, X-Men: Days of Future Past writer Simon Kinberg hints at certain mutants who may be making appearances in X-Men: Apocalypse. The sometimes British, sometimes Asian, sometimes ninja Psylocke was apparently considered for inclusion in X-Men: Days of Future Past, but may yet appear in Apocalypse.
“She’s a fan favourite, and also a favourite of mine. We have a small part that she plays in ‘Last Stand’, and we talked about including her in ‘DOFP’ quite seriously actually. There was a version of the script she was in and we even auditioned some actors in Montreal. But we didn’t feel there was enough of a part she would play in a movie that was already full of many, many mutants.”
“She has a cool power. I know Bryan thinks she’s a neat character so there’s certainly a chance she’ll be in an ‘X-Men’ movie some day. Hopefully there’ll be a lot of ‘X-Men’ movies and there’s lot of mutants we’re yet to fully explore onscreen, even if they’ve had cameos before. Now we’re making more films there’s a chance to dig deeper.”
X-Men #20Writer: Marc Guggenheim
Art by: Harvey Tolibao, Dexter Soy
Cover by: Terry Dodson
• In the depths of space, the X-Men have encountered the threat terrorizing S.W.O.R.D.: monstrosities called the “Genespliced”—creatures engineered from the fiercest alien races across the galaxy.
• But how can the X-Men hope to stop an alien horde?
• And does S.W.O.R.D.’s own leader, Abigail Brand, know more about the Genespliced than she’s letting on?
In Stores: October 1, 2014
CBR: Before getting into specific reader questions, there was some interest in the future of "X-Men," currently written by Marc Guggenheim. What can you share about the X-Office's potential plans for the series after Marc's story is over?
Mike Marts: We're super excited about the arc that's going on. Marc's bringing us into outer space and interacting with the Shi'ar, and Deathbird and Agent Brand -- it's just a real great classic space opera going on there. We will have news on what's coming next very soon, but it's a story by a familiar Marvel face and we're super excited about it.
Writer: Marc Guggenheim
Art by: Harvey Tolibao and Dexter Soy
Cover by: Terry Dodson
• “Arrow” executive producer Marc Guggenheim wraps up his run on this critically acclaimed arc of X-MEN!
• Time is running out as the X-Men race to save the Earth from the alien monstrosities that have emerged from the depths of space!
• But will Rachel Grey forsake her teammates to get revenge on those responsible for the death of her family?
Writer: Simon Spurrier
Art & Cover by: Rock-He Kim
• The fate of Hope Summers revealed!
• Fantomex takes on each and every one of the world’s secret intelligence agencies!
• And on the outs with the rest of his team, Cable hatches one last scheme…
Writer: Chris Claremont
Art & Cover by: Todd Nauck
• Bamfing to the aid of a friend in need, Nightcrawler finds himself in over his head when he runs afoul of THE SHADOW KING!
• And things go from bad to worse when the X-Men fall under the Shadow King’s sway…
Spoilers: While X-Force and MI13 are busy fighting each other, the terrorists known as the Quaddees show up and kidnap Agent Mel. After that, all teams start talking. Super soldiers reveal Agent Mel promised to turn them into gods, but never told they’d die inside the year. Super soldier says Agent Mel wanted the Quaddees to kidnap Tom, the rookie soldier, but that’s all he knows. X-Force, MI13 and the Super soldiers team up in order to track Agent Mel as she might know where Volga is. They all attack the terrorists’ headquarters; only to find out they have super powers as well thanks to Volga. Meanwhile, Psylocke and MeMe find Agent Mel. Betsy reads her mind. She finds out Mel doesn’t know a thing about Volga and that they keep Tom drugged because his powers manifest as a black hole which would swallow him and anyone around him. Psylocke and Meme decide not to rescue Mel and leave her there. The Super Soldiers decide to sacrifice themselves to keep the Quaddees nearby when Tom becomes a black hole and swallows all of them, leaving no trace of Volga’s tech. Meanwhile, MI13 and X-Force leave the place. After super soldiers and terrorists are sucked into the black hole, Wisdom warns Cable there’s an agency called The Yellow Eye being paid to spy on every single mutant alive.
Writer: Simon Spurrier
Cover & Art by: Rock-He Kim
• In the deserts of Afghanistan, X-Force has found a lead that could help them track down the villain who killed one of their own.
• But standing in their way is Britain’s own team of superhuman operatives: MI13!
• As the two factions come to blows, little do they know that a third player threatens to wipe them all off the board…
In Stores: September 10, 2014