Sunday, July 24, 2016

SDCC: Lemire, Soule, Yu Wade Into War With "Inhumans vs. X-Men"

CBR: The X-Men and Inhumans are going to war. As announced during the "Marvel: Cup O'Joe" panel at Comic-Con International in San Diego, two of Marvel's super-powered populations will clash just as the Inhuman Terrigen Mist increases its damaging impact on the mutant race. "Inhumans vs. X-Men" will put the two groups up against each other for the fight of their lives -- literally.

Writers Jeff Lemire ("Extraordinary X-Men") and Charles Soule ("Death of X") will team-up for the series, which will see the X-Men and Inhumans wage war over the mists that kill mutants but create Inhumans. Leinil Yu ("Star Wars") will handle the art on this six-issue limited series, which launches this winter. 

"Inhumans vs. X-Men" #1 arrives kicks off this winter, and stay tuned to CBR for more details about the event.

2 comments:

FSaker said...

...Oh, dear.

I wish I could be excited with this event. But then I remember how the last "(...) vs. X-Men" event ended. Thanks to AvX, I still hate the Avengers (especially Steve Rogers), and it will suck if Marvel makes me hate the Inhumans now, because so far I like them.

I hope this time Marvel will be able to make both sides be likeable (unlike AvX, where both sides did some very despicable things). But I won't keep my expectations high this time, even though Lemire and Soule are good writers.

FSaker said...

By the way, I wonder if the Uncanny Avengers (which has both mutants and inhumans in its roster) and Beast (who is a mutant but is currently hanging out with the Inhumans) will also be involved in this event. Rogue could use some panel time with her fellows from the X-Men, you know...