Friday, March 11, 2022

Captain Britain Assembles Her Knights of X in First Look

ComicBook.com's exclusive first look at Knights of X #1 shows Merlyn and some of these larger-than-life Furies, as well as Knights of X's new team of Betsy Braddock/Captain Britain, Rictor, Shatterstar, Gambit, Rachel Summers, Bei the Blood Moon, and Gloriana. As Howard explained in a press release, Knights of X features several members from Excalibur's past.

"At the end of Excalibur, we saw Merlyn take control of all Otherworld, transforming the Starlight Citadel into the Lunatic Citadel and raging his war on mutants from Saturnyne's former throne. Captain Britain stayed within when the gates fell, but even with the whole Corps at her side – it'll take more than an army of one to bring down King Arthur and his Furies," Howard explained. "You'll recognize many of the Knights from Excalibur's past – both my run and the classic – in a quest for a precious treasure that crashes our high fantasy tale into that most classic X-Men story – fighting for a(n Other)world that hates and fears them."

"Tini Howard and Marcus To's run on Excalibur was incredible, so launching the follow-up series is equal parts exciting and intimidating," Quinn said. "But I'm giving this series everything I have, I'm proud to say that these are the best pages I've ever drawn. Otherworld is a big draw for me. I've drawn midwest farms, New Jersey neighborhoods, and Central Park in my books at Marvel, and I'm excited to let my imagination loose drawing some of the weirder and wilder people and places in Otherworld!"

7 comments:

Jeferson said...

it seems Betsy is using magik... would be awesome. even then, it clear the lack of further development... its just a filler book with meaningless context. please, let Tini Howard away from any x-story

X-Man said...

Interesting, I do see Jubilee. I Like the art & if that is supposed to be the regular CB outfit in the first panel, then I kinda like the way the artist did it & I like her purple glowing eyes with the red cloak.

I don't need her using magic though, I just need her using her psionic powers creatively.

FSaker said...

Well, we can't tell if this will be a good X-book, but at least the art looks nice.

I'll probably be the only one saying this, but I like Betsy in the fourth page with the new uniform and the CB helmet.

I also like seeing Jubilee, but it's odd that she appears in one single page. And then the solicitation for KoX #3 mentions one of the Knights dying... I hope it's not Jubes. And I hope Howard has enough sense to realize that it should definitely NOT be Shogo.

(I also hope it's not Betsy, but let's face it: she's the protagonist. Even if she dies, she won't stay dead for good - but the same may not apply to the other characters...)

Rahsaan said...

I’m still not sold on the premise of this book, but I will admit that Rogue’s gallery on the other side of the split image looks sick… In a good way!

Rahsaan said...

*rogues gallery; not Rogue’s gallery. Got Anna Marie on the brain.

metalgorgomon said...

There are two shadowy characters in the third image (mirror image) in the far left and right (rounding up to 10 knights).
The far left seems like Kylun. Who do you guys think is the last character (on the far right)?

sarah smith said...

I lost my job few months back and there was no way to get income for my family, things was so tough and I couldn't get anything for my children, not until a met a recommendation on a page writing how Mr Bernie Wilfred helped a lady in getting a huge amount of profit every 6 working days on trading with his management on the cryptocurrency Market, to be honest I never believe it but I took the risk to take a loan of $1000. and I contacted him unbelievable and I was so happy I earn $12,500 in 6 working days, the most joy is that I can now take care of my family I don't know how to appreciate your good work Mr. Bernie Doran God will continue to bless you for being a life saver I have no way to appreciate you than to tell people about your good services.
For a perfect investment and good strategies contact Mr Bernie Doran via WhatsApp :+1(424)285-0682 or Telegram : @Bernie_doran_fx or Email : Bernie.doranfx01@gmail.com