The Braddocks’ Golden Jubilee
Captain Britain 50th Anniversary Special
October 14, 2026
00 Days
00 Hours
00 Minutes
00 Seconds
Betsy Braddock Is Psylocke
Maximum X-Men #1
December 2, 2026
00 Days
00 Hours
00 Minutes
00 Seconds

Wednesday, September 2, 2026

Marvel Reveals New Details for Captain Britain 50th Anniversary Special

Marvel has shared more details about the upcoming Captain Britain 50th Anniversary Special in this week’s X-Mentions column featured across the X-books. While the special’s creative teams had already been announced, the new description reveals that Alan Davis’ story will feature Captain Britain facing the unstoppable Fury, while Dan Abnett and Kelsey Ramsay’s contribution will follow an atypical day in the life of Betsy Braddock, the current Captain Britain, described as a can’t-miss chapter in the ongoing story of one of mutantkind’s strongest warriors. The issue will also include a story by Chris Claremont and Paul Davidson set during the earliest days of Brian Braddock’s adventures.

Captain Britain 50th Anniversary Special will be released on October 14, 2026.

8 comments:

FifthDream said...

Really looking forward to the Betsy story, and an early Brian story by Claremont? Nice!

randybear said...

I’m not a fan of the art style that’s
Gonna be used for Betsy’s story but oh well. It’s a regular size issue with three stories so they’ll be very short so wish Betsy could have gotten better artist for her story. Maybe for the 100th anniversary 😂

Ice Quinn said...

There’s this whole controversy with the characters in the new Wolverine game looking like ass - but particularly this scene where Lady Deathstrike (or at least, that’s who they were going for) manifests like a pink blade, and some people thought that was Psylocke, and EVERYONE thinks that woman looks ugly as hell, whoever she’s supposed to be.

People are still fighting over it, lol. Bitches be mad

Ice Quinn said...

“Bitches be mad” - that’s my new motto for Kwannon fans

X-Man said...

@Randybear did they preview the art? I haven't seen it yet, but definitely would like to look at it.

@Ice Quinn I saw some of that too, but honestly I don't pay that any mind.

Imho I sometimes think we give the Kwannon fans

(at least the hateful not sane ones, as I know at least a slim few are cordial sane people who think logically also are her fans,

but I think you & I are referring to the nasty hateful ones)

Too much of a platform & attention.

Which i honestly think is their goal, to stay relevant & create conflict.

I personally don't want to give them that.

I rather keep writing to TPTB thanking them for putting Betsy in a new book & taking (or at least sharing) the Psylocke name back

(which until I see otherwise, I totally believe is happening due to her recent marketing lol)

Than giving those unhinged "fans" any of our attention or energy.

I obviously don't want to tell any of us what to do or have that right (except please write for Betsy lol),

but imo they definitely don't deserve to live rent free in our heads & disrupt our peace lol.

Jmo!!!

Ice Quinn said...

Oh. I don’t interact or engage EVER! That’s rule number one. You just can’t reason with crazy and hateful people. Or dumb people (a lot of those, too!). Total waste of time… :D

randybear said...

Hey X-Man, no previews yet I just googled the artists work to get an idea it's very scratchy and the women I saw drawn weren't... well, people will call me a gooner for this even though I prefer men, but the ladies could look more ladylike lmao But not surprised they're still trying to push this butch look on CB Betsy, just glad she looks fem af on that Maximum XMen cover.

But yeah her art style is not for me and not for Betsy at all, not sure why they picked her but whateverl. l think they were trying to go as cheap as possible for this one-shot.

X-Man said...

@Ice Quinn very smart lol. @Randybear I definitely see what you mean by the art now lol..