The Braddocks’ Golden Jubilee
Captain Britain 50th Anniversary Special
October 14, 2026
00 Days
00 Hours
00 Minutes
00 Seconds
Betsy Braddock Is Psylocke
Maximum X-Men #1
December 2, 2026
00 Days
00 Hours
00 Minutes
00 Seconds

Sunday, August 30, 2026

Chris Yost Teases Betsy Braddock Moments in Maximum X-Men

Maximum X-Men writer Chris Yost has been sharing a few early teases about Betsy Braddock while chatting with fans on Bluesky, including one particularly charming detail involving Storm. Yost revealed that Betsy and Ororo Munroe will share tea together in the series, teasing a quieter moment between the longtime friends and X-Men teammates.

Yost also offered a fun detail about Betsy’s powers when a fan asked whether Maximum X-Men would feature her psychic butterfly, psy-knife, psychic sword, and psychic staff. His response was: “So far everything but the staff is in there, all psychic constructs.” In other words, Betsy is already set to use several of her most iconic psychic manifestations throughout the series, including weapons and imagery associated with different periods of her history.

Maximum X-Men will debut on December 2, 2026.

11 comments:

X-Man said...

This all sounds great :)

And to think at one point I was tired of the Psychic knife & now I'm excited for her to use it.

And definitely excited for the Butterfly.

I'm honestly drawing a blank on a psychic staff?

I think I'm ok with her leaving that out lol.

lucasg_i said...

cautiosly optimistic, because that worked with X-Force. But this seems to be a bigger book, so a bit more hopeful

Rahsaan said...

I'll be ecstatic if he throws in some psychoblasts AND how he wrote her in the Psylocke mini... Using her telekinesis to augment her fighting skills and create force fields when she was dusting all those Hand ninjas

Ice Quinn said...

Sounds great! ^.^

Y’know, I was just thinking (with Outback being so like, in my mind right now), I kinda miss her being a telepath only. The team’s telepath, nailing fools from a distance with her psycho-blasts, illusions, mind control and psi-knife (the totality of…you know the rest).

But I also understand she’s an action junkie and thrives more in close-quarters combat, and I do like the English knight theme for Betsy (although it was taken too far by she-who-shall-not-be-named who wrote Excalibur, turning her into a full-blown Dungeons and Dragons character and one-trick pony). The Disassembled version of it, it was totally awesome! :)


And the staff: correct me if I’m wrong, but it was just something she manifested while navigating Piotr’s mindscape. It was purely a telepathic gimmick, not an actual weapon (she hadn’t started using psionic constructs at the time).

Ice Quinn said...

Neither here nor there, but I fucking hate Bluesky. Ugh…

X-Man said...

@Ice Quinn I preferred her as just a telepath myself.

Before the TK, I liked her using her psychic powers along with hand to hand combat, I thought it was a great combination.

The TK made so she didn't have to be creative as much lol.

Thats actually how I wanted them to differentiate Betsy & Kwannon tbh.

Betsy would be a telepathic precog, & Kwannon could have been an empathic telekinetic.

Ice Quinn said...

@X-Man I wouldn’t mind that. I loved her as a telepath and precog!

The telekinesis, we know she can fly and move mountains with her mind, but we rarely see her do anything other than the sword and shield. Like, I get that she needs psionic weapons to be in that melee fighter position, but at the same time, it’s like you said, they made Betsy and Kwannon so alike, as though one woman that was split in two. And I’d like to see people realize that Betsy’s existed long before Kwannon, she *made* Psylocke of the X-Men. If anything, Kwannon should have developed her own thing outside of Betsy, but alas… 🤷‍♀️

X-Man said...

I don't think her TK is that strong anymore @Ice Quinn.

That was when Jamie first brought her back & she was immune to mind control & telepathy.

But then the Sisterhood kidnapped her & put her back in her original body & it seemed to reset her telepathic abilities.

Cause that's when they started to return i believe.

I think at the moment her telepathy is stronger than her TK.

Amore' said...

I think most creators...and some fans...forget about her psychoblasts.

Rahsaan said...

And this is why I enjoyed how Yost wrote her telekinesis. He's the only writer to date that's used that power in interesting ways with no flight and no sword and shield. I've actually kinda grown to hate the TK sword and shield.

Ice Quinn said...

I’m with you guys. 😉

And hopeful for good things going forward. It’s been a long ass time I’ve been this optimistic about Betsy, ever since the whole Krakoa mess. Going from Disassembled to that was rough. To me it’s almost like she’s been dead this whole time, or like waking from a bad dream or something…