Spoilers: The X-Men spend a sunny day by the pool. Some of them play pool volleyball, while Psylocke, Jean Grey, and Rogue prefer to sunbathe and watch the men. Meanwhile, Beast feels insecure about his non-human appearance.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
“For so long, my life has been out of control. Chaos and serendipity, wrapped in insanity. I have suffered, I have lost. Not just my life, but my very soul, my self. But no more. Now I know who I am.” – Elizabeth ‘Betsy’ Braddock, daughter of Otherworld, mutant, telepath, telekinetic, defender of the realm and, above all, X-Man.
8 comments:
I’m guessing this took place before the crimson dawn but were rogue and rent already a couple like that? Either way doesn’t matter just a throwaway cute story but I’m shook seeing more Betsy in the Asian body.
Marvel must not perceive itt as racist as twitter does lol
lol Twitter’s losing its mind over X-Men ‘97:
- Psylocke/Betsy fans + randos are all confused, angry, and fighting like crazy. Some are not the sharpest tools in the shed, it looks like. Or didn’t read the comics. Or are hung up on some “racist Betsy took Kwannon’s body, now it’s Kwannon’s time to shine!” - or something stupid like that. Or all of the above.
- Jean fans (oof, they can be rabid!) are mad about her power usage/display. Complaining that she’s only creating force-fields, and that they are breaking anyway, like an Omega mutant is more powerful than that. Some of this frustration or fear seems to stem from the original series, where she used to faint like every five minutes. On the plus side, this has become a meme already.
- Emma Frost fans don’t like that she’s still a villain in the series, that even a villain Emma *SPOILERS* wouldn’t sell out mutant kids no matter what so this is out of character, and that they’ve basically made her just sl*tty and a (forgive my French) “c*m dump”. 😂
It’s quite amusing to watch in a train-wreck-kinda-way, and only if you don’t mind losing some brain cells. Reminds me why I *never*, as a rule, engage, ever. You can’t argue with stupid, and some of these people (not to sound condescending or anything) are dumb as sh*t.
Me? I’m all in Outback. So happy to see original-recipe Betsy living her best life! ^^
They aren't confused.
They are willfully ignorant lol.
There's a difference.
It was a swap that neither woman had a say or hand in.
But definitely was done to bring Kwannon back to life.
Kwannon recently had a solo book that dealt with it & her time as Revanche in Betsy's body.
And Betsy just had a solo book that also dealt with the swap & being in Kwannon's body.
So if they were current fans, the majority of them would have read these solo books which clearly show this.
So once I see a lot of these individuals aren't dealing in reality or at least the one in which the books are written in,
that shows me what I'm (we) dealing with & I pay them no mind lol.
If we worry about everyone that is delusional we will go insane too lol.
I say concentrate on just supporting & writing in support for Betsy :)
But for the record Kwannon's imo "time to shine" would be her being her own person,
not being everything associated with Betsy & who she was in the past including codename and gaining her powerset as well lol.
If I was a true Kwannon fan, I would find that insulting lol.
I saw clips of the show & listened, it definitely sounded to me like the character had a British accent.
Kwannon shouldn't have that, so it seemed like if anything it would be Betsy,
unless they are pretending Kwannon has an accent (and Purple hair) too now lol.
Adam: I think the cartoon is splitting the difference by making Psylocke a fusion of both women. For the voice they cast Naoko Mori, who is a Japanese woman with a British accent. I thought her debut was fantastic - especially the depiction of her butterfly effect.
Totally agree, X-Man! 👍
I know I've said it before, but Klownnon fans are such a f***ing joke.
Thanks :) I respect people's differences & opinions based on facts,
Not willfully ignoring things to fit their reality.
Once I see that displayed, I'm definitely not wasting my time engaging with you.
I rather use that energy to support Betsy :)
Totally!
Our girl is having a good year! ;)
Post a Comment