Marvel: The oversized Captain Britain 50th Anniversary Special celebrates five decades of Brian and Betsy Braddock with stories by Chris Claremont, Alan Davis, and Dan Abnett. For Claremont, the milestone is especially meaningful.
“It’s so much fun to return to this group of good friends. Hard to believe 50 years have passed since Herb Trimpe and I first created these characters,” Claremont said. “As a kid raised on British comics, I was thrilled to be asked to create Britain’s own superheroes. What fun to again put them through their paces! For everyone who loves Brian’s twin sister Betsy, this one’s for you!”
Read on for the Captain Britain 50th Anniversary Special one-shot’s details.
Captain Britain 50th Anniversary Special #1
Written by: Alan Davis, Chris Claremont, Dan Abnett
Art by: Alan Davis, Paul Davidson, Kelsey Ramsay
Cover by: Alan Davis
Variant Cover by: David Mack
Live by the Sword!
Join us for a golden jubilee to commemorate fifty years of Brian and Betsy Braddock, champions of the multiversal Captain Britain Corps! Chris Claremont & Paul Davidson weave a tale of Brian’s earliest days defending the realm! Alan Davis shows what happens when you try to rein in a Braddock! And Dan Abnett & Kelsey Ramsay pit Betsy against the forces of Otherworld. Witness a can’t-miss glimpse at the past, present and future of these powerhouse twins!
On Sale 10/14
“For so long, my life has been out of control. Chaos and serendipity, wrapped in insanity. I have suffered, I have lost. Not just my life, but my very soul, my self. But no more. Now I know who I am.” – Elizabeth ‘Betsy’ Braddock, daughter of Otherworld, mutant, telepath, telekinetic, defender of the realm and, above all, X-Man.
3 comments:
That Betsy cover is beautiful. They've been using these kind of anniversary stories to redefine chracters going forward, maybe Brian will get the mantle back
@Lucas it did say its for everyone who loves Betsy.
And nice they used her Butterfly.
Dreading seeing Otherworld again though lol, but happy Betsy is being featured more.
Psylocke Ninja, Outback, Hellfire, & now this.
Would love if Brian got the mantle back lol.
YEAH! Brian as CB and Disassembled costume. I hope that's a sign for the future!
Post a Comment