After this week’s incredible announcements—Captain Britain 50th Anniversary Special and Betsy Braddock’s return as Psylocke in Maximum X-Men—perhaps it is time for us to do something different. For years, Betsy fans have written to the X-Office at officex@marvel.com asking Marvel not to forget her, requesting a meaningful role for her within the X-Men franchise and patiently reminding the editors how much this character means to us. Now, for the first time, it would not hurt to send an email simply to say thank you. Thank you for listening to our voices, acknowledging our enthusiasm and allowing everything to align so perfectly for Betsy’s 50th anniversary—and her 40th anniversary as Psylocke.
Comic books are cyclical by nature. Sometimes a character must remain on the sidelines while others receive their opportunity to shine, until the wheel turns and their moment arrives again. That waiting can be frustrating, especially when you know how much untapped potential your favorite character still possesses. But 2026 will always be remembered as the year Betsy’s moment finally returned: a year in which readers were invited to revisit two quintessential periods of her history through Psylocke: Ninja and X-Men: Outback, before the celebration culminates in her return to the X-Men as Psylocke—the codename she originated, shaped and made unmistakably her own.
It is remarkable to look back at how we reached this point. Following the confirmation of X-Force’s cancellation in February 2025, Betsy fans began emailing the X-Office and participating in repeated campaigns through this blog and X-Men Monday. In April, Tom Brevoort publicly recognized the “conglomeration of Betsy Braddock fans” who had been vocal about wanting her to appear in another series. By June, he acknowledged that the outpouring of support had been encouraging. We continued writing, submitting questions and campaigning throughout the announcement of the Shadows of Tomorrow era—not knowing exactly what was being developed, but refusing to let Betsy disappear.
Then the pieces began falling into place. Psylocke: Ninja was announced in October 2025, followed by confirmation that Marvel had plans to recognize Betsy’s 50th anniversary. In February 2026, X-Men: Outback was revealed, returning Betsy to one of the most defining periods of Chris Claremont’s original run. X-Men: The Hellfire Murder followed, along with Hasbro’s Outback-era Psylocke figure. Finally, July delivered the perfect conclusion: an oversized special celebrating the Braddock legacy and Maximum X-Men, a major new ongoing series in which Betsy rejoins the X-Men on Storm’s elite team and reclaims the Psylocke identity.
And that is without even mentioning X-Men ’97, also premiering in July, which introduced a British-accented Psylocke joining X-Force. I have not covered her on the blog yet because I want to be 100% certain that she is, in fact, Betsy Braddock—after all, this blog is, and always will be, exclusively dedicated to Betsy Braddock. 😉
Please consider emailing officex@marvel.com and thanking Senior Editor Tom Brevoort, as well as former Marvel editor Darren Shan, who helped bring Psylocke: Ninja and X-Men: Outback to life. Thank Marvel for Maximum X-Men, and welcome Christopher Yost and Tony S. Daniel as the creative team guiding Betsy into this new era. We should also express our gratitude to Chris Claremont, Alan Davis, Dan Abnett, Paul Davidson and Kelsey Ramsay for contributing to Captain Britain 50th Anniversary Special.
And finally, we must thank our dear Chris Hassan, writer and editor at AIPT, who has welcomed Betsy’s fans with open arms. Through X-Men Monday, Chris has consistently passed our questions about Betsy along to Marvel’s editors and creators, giving fans a respectful and meaningful way to make their voices heard. You can thank him directly on X at @ChrisAHassan.
We cannot know how much influence any individual email or submitted question ultimately had, but we do know that our support was noticed—and that patience, persistence and passion helped keep Betsy part of the conversation. So let us celebrate this victory together and, for once, fill the X-Office’s inbox not with requests, but with gratitude.
Thank you for bringing Betsy Braddock home.
Long live Psylocke.
“For so long, my life has been out of control. Chaos and serendipity, wrapped in insanity. I have suffered, I have lost. Not just my life, but my very soul, my self. But no more. Now I know who I am.” – Elizabeth ‘Betsy’ Braddock, daughter of Otherworld, mutant, telepath, telekinetic, defender of the realm and, above all, X-Man.
8 comments:
Beautiful post, and I agree with everything that was said! Let’s celebrate Betsy and give our thanks to all of those who have been championing her! <3
PS: On the X-Men ‘97 front, I’ve read that the voice actress has stated that “she wants to honor Betsy / do her justice” or something along the lines. Specifically naming Betsy as her role, Betsy and no one else!
Although more confirmation might be needed, and I can’t find the quote myself to link here. But all the arrows point in the direction that yes, that’s indeed our Betsy! 🦋
I've read it too @Ice-Quinn. It was a fan basically praising her as Psylocke & saying they know she'll do Betsy justice with her portrayel of her.
And the actress responds that she hopes she does her (Betsy) justice.
It made sense to me thats Betsy.
She was Psylocke in the 90's and Kwannon as Psylocke in her own body wouldn't have a British accent imo.
And I agree with this posts.
I definitely am going to write in and thank the editors.
I also think we need to give ourselves well deserved pats on our backs.
Because there's no doubt in my mind us being vocal about Betsy got this accomplished.
I do also give thanks to Thorne because he last put Betsy in the spotlight more as Psylocke & not CB & I think that definitely helped.
And our persistence when they wanted us to be quiet helped too imho.
I think that's why Betsy suddenly got a solo book with Psylocke Ninja, then featured in Outback as Psylocke in her original body, seemingly in X-Men 97, and in this new Hellfire book.
Very excited to have our Psylocke back :)
This post reflects what has been on my mind, the series of events that lead to the return of Betsy as Psylocke in Maximum X-Men. I'm very grateful that Marvel finally listen to us. I also want to give credit to all the writers and artists who contributed in pitching, writing/drawing comics with Betsy as Psylocke in the past year.
what a beautiful, thoughtful post. This site has done SO much for Betsy not just this past year but over the decades. A place for Betsy fans to come and find out the latest news with our queen and the never ending discussions and BATTLES we have on here LOL
I want to say Thank you to the site admin for their dedication and love for Betsy that I know has moved the needle for Betsy to some capacity for sure!
I sent my email to Marvel, thanking them and excited for Betsy's future! I requrested at the end of my "thank you letter" asking that whenever she moves from the training suit if they would consider giving her back the pink dissassembled outfit and I inserted the little character design Asrar did years ago.
Everyone, please send your thank you emails! Make them short and light and just show your gratitude, this will go a long way if we ever have to pull Betsy from the trenches again one day!
I can’t believe we went through a seven-year dark age and are finally emerging from the mess that Tini Howard, Hickman, Jordan D. White, and that Cerebrocast weirdo created. I’m beyond grateful!
I’ll gladly send as many emails as necessary. At least Brevoort has always been honest with us, which is more than can be said for the previous creative and editorial teams.
yes, that's a great idea. Let's show them the great fanbase we are and let's support the upcoming books as much as we can
I was wondering why Psylocke’s appearance in X-men ‘97 wasn’t covered yet. I feel pretty confident it’s our Betsy. Kwannon never had a British accent, plus the original series had her based in London with a brother who fights for good, and hints at a relationship with Archangel, none of which fit Kwannon. I feel like the only reason why it might be left somewhat ambiguous is for those who are easily triggered.
I think this blog and its community have had a great weight for what is going on with Betsy.
I have too sent an email to Marvel thanking them.
Thank to all of you.
Post a Comment