Friday, November 5, 2021

Excalibur #25 Preview

Excalibur #25
Writer: Tini Howard
Art by: Marcus To
Cover by: Mahmud Asrar

The Story:
The one true king returns! And he’s here to exterminate the witchbreed! King Arthur and his army turn Otherworld into a battlefield-again. Backed into a corner, Betsy Braddock makes a desperate choice that will reshape the realm-and mutantkind-forever. The fate of the Starlight Citadel is at stake, and if the Citadel falls…so falls all reality.

In Stores: November 10, 2021


7 comments:

FSaker said...

"I prefer strategy to heroics, Auntie" - I have to say, I loved this line! And also Brian's comment about Saturnyne not deserving Betsy as her Captain Britain (which is very true).

I thought Shogo would take part in the final battle, but it may be for the best that he'll return to Krakoa. If I remember correctly, it has been pointed out that the more time he spends in Otherworld as a dragon, the more he'll want to stay like that. And maybe it's just me, but having a baby spend the rest of his life as a dragon feels VERY messed up, even if the baby enjoys it.

X-Man said...

I'm glad to still see no flower in Betsy's hair lol.

Simon said...

Isn’t Meggan preggers??? She should really going to Krakoa too

Rahsaan said...

🥱 😴

Kiki M. Ishola said...

I'd continue with a new writer to get the conflict of trash run versus decent. Pray for Betsy is saved from the Britain kettle after. Cravings for X-Men Betsy is strong.

X-Man said...

@Kiki I'd rather Betsy give the Captain gig back to Brian.

Unless a new writer is able to utilize Betsy as the powerful psi she is. I think the Captain powerset downplays her mutant gifts sadly.

My favorite scenes in this book was when Betsy was not being Captain Britain lol.

Kiki M. Ishola said...

Amen! The CB powers shove her powers backstage. Mine too first issue she tried to cut Morgan down in style.