Captain Britain 50th Anniversary Special #1
Writers: Alan Davis, Dan Abnett & Chris Claremont
Art by: Alan Davis, Kelsey Ramsay & Paul Davidson
Colors by: Carlos Lopez, Matt Hollingsworth & Brittany Peer
Letters by: Clayton Cowles
Cover by: Alan Davis & Matt Hollingsworth
Variant Cover by: David Mack
The Story:
Live by the sword!
Join us for a golden jubilee to commemorate fifty years of Brian and Betsy Braddock, champions of the multiversal Captain Britain Corps! Chris Claremont & Paul Davidson weave a tale of Brian’s earliest days defending the realm! Alan Davis shows what happens when you try to rein in a Braddock! And Dan Abnett & Kelsey Ramsay pit Betsy against the forces of Otherworld. Witness a can’t-miss glimpse at the past, present and future of these powerhouse twins!
In Stores: October 14, 2026
“For so long, my life has been out of control. Chaos and serendipity, wrapped in insanity. I have suffered, I have lost. Not just my life, but my very soul, my self. But no more. Now I know who I am.” – Elizabeth ‘Betsy’ Braddock, daughter of Otherworld, mutant, telepath, telekinetic, defender of the realm and, above all, X-Man.
5 comments:
Claremont is insane because there's no way that story could fit between Captain Britain vol 1 #9 lol but whatever, finally some Betsy!
Seeing Betsy is always nice, of course. Not crazy about the art in these last few panels, though. A little rough, for me… 😬
I'm sure this story will be good with Betsy, but I'm just not interested in the medieval shit. I can't lie and say I love otherworld and the knightly stuff because I just don't and hope this is somehow the end of it for Betsy.
I don’t love it, either. It used to be this sort of mysterious and cool aspect of Betsy’s origin.
But then that one chick who wrote Excalibur made into such like a lame Dungeons & Dragons parody, with her performative bullsh*t and self-inserts, so far removed from the X-Universe - even though it featured X-Men characters - that it gave me the ick.
Now all I want to see is Betsy back in the X-Men, as Psylocke and not CB, with her psionic powers and butterfly. The Betsy we saw in Disassembled, not the insanity that took place after with Krakoa and Excalibur.
Agree. The OW stuff is better when it’s just a part of her character but not a major defining aspect
Post a Comment