The Braddocks’ Golden Jubilee
Captain Britain 50th Anniversary Special
October 14, 2026
00 Days
00 Hours
00 Minutes
00 Seconds
Betsy Braddock Is Psylocke
Maximum X-Men #1
December 2, 2026
00 Days
00 Hours
00 Minutes
00 Seconds

Sunday, August 9, 2026

Betsy Braddock Is Psylocke in Marvel Tōkon: Fighting Souls


Released on August 6 for PlayStation 5 and PC, Marvel Tōkon: Fighting Souls is a 4v4 tag-team fighting game developed by Arc System Works in collaboration with PlayStation Studios and Marvel Games. The game reimagines the Marvel Universe through Arc System Works’ distinctive anime-inspired visuals and features a launch roster of 20 playable characters.

Although Psylocke is not a playable character, she can be spotted among the many X-Men who appear in the background of the X-Mansion stage. She also received her own entry in the game’s official Archive, which finally answers an important question about this universe’s version of the character.

The profile explicitly identifies Psylocke’s real name as Betsy Braddock. It describes her as an English mutant with telepathic and psychic abilities whose body was swapped with a Japanese ninja, changing her appearance and granting her mastery of ninjutsu. 

14 comments:

Some dude said...

As it always has been.

Betsy Braddock is Psylocke.
Kwannon is Kwannon.

randybear said...

What’s up with the so called Betsy fans complaining about this? I swear her self proclaimed biggest fans are her biggest saboteurs

Nate X said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nate X said...

They are desperate for some virtue signaling points and validation from X-Twitter.

FifthDream said...

Gross.

I guess i'm one of those "bad Betsy fans", because Betsy was my favorite character before the swap and have been bitter about it since. They took a unique character and turned her into yet another aggro macho stabby one when they could have just introduced another character.

I'm such a terrible clout-chasing virtue-signaling Betsy fan i actively lobbied for her to be in the game as Captain Britain all through the development and release of the game, replying to Playstation posts about the game, and specifically asking for her in beta test surveys from the developer.

Anyway, maybe they'll consider CB different enough that i'll choose to believe there's still hope, and keep posting my wish for her to be a playable character in the game.

PoetryInMotion said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
PoetryInMotion said...

@FifthDream 'Kay. Let's try to align on the fact Betsy will keep biting the dust unless they combine the best out of both worlds, regardless of what outward appearance each of us pivots more towards?

I grew up leaning more towards the psychic ninja version, but in my thirties, I am attached to the character first and foremost. I feel like the fanbase will keep being split unless they finally deliver the Psylocke Claremont desired at the end of the Acts of Vengeance story.

The blatant reference to the body switch is hilarious. Finally, Marvel admit they can't have their cake and eat it.

Rahsaan said...

I don’t play video games, but have to partially agree with FifthDream. I wish they would stop portraying Betsy with a face and body that is not hers. And while I have no use for her iteration of Captain Britain, I think there has been at least two video games (with really good graphics) that have depicted her in her own body. If memory serves, there is one where she is in her Disassembled uniform and another in the Captain Britain armor.

I don’t participate in social media aside from a few blogs and Reddit, but I don’t think it’s virtual signaling to want to move on from revisiting Betsy’s time in Kwannon’s body… across all media. That version is played out. This is one of the reasons I’m hopeful about Yost’s Maximum X-Men. I hope it moves her into something new that does not include her time in Kwannon’s body, the Disassembled Era (cute uniform but recently reread that whole run… And the writing is pretty bad), and the Captain Britain Era. And hopefully, various media will have a new, more interesting version if Yost delivers.

randybear said...

Ugh no cause the way yall talk about Betsy you really are her worst enemies. I cringe at the thought of the crazy shit you probably email Marvel about. Glad yall are at least owning it :)

randybear said...

You get it. This is all supposed to be fun but people are like “this is not her body!” Omg go touch grass please 😂

FSaker said...

Nice to know that ASW chose to have Betsy as Tokon's Psylocke (yeah, them stating that she's in Kwannon's body may be a little frustrating, but it's still much better than having Kwannon taking her place in the game). And her uniform looks great (and a refreshing choice over the blue bathing suit)!

This game has quite a weird choice for its roster, though... like having Loki but not Thor; Shuri instead of T'Challa; Carnage instead of Venom; Danger instead of several other X-Men (but she does look kawaii with the anime-ish face ASW gave her), and PHOENIX CYCLOPS (yes, that one from Avengers vs X-Men) instead of regular Cyclops and/or Phoenix Jean Grey.

FSaker said...

@randybear, Indeed. And I suppose the same people complaining about Betsy being in Kwannon's body in Tokon would still be complaining if Betsy appeared in her own body... as Captain Britain rather than Psylocke. Or if ASW had decided to have Kwannon as this Psylocke and Betsy being completely absent.

ASW is a Japanese company, and "Ninjalocke" has always been VERY popular in Japan, so this choice doesn't surprise me at all - and I'm glad that they chose Betsy to be their Psylocke over Kwannon.

FSaker said...

...Speaking of Danger, is she still around in the X-Books? She may not be a major X-Man (...or X-Woman, or X-Machine), but she's nevertheless quite a cool character.

FSaker said...

@Rahsaan, This blog lists her video game appearances in the Costume Gallery section. She does have some depictions in her own body:

- Marvel Puzzle Quest: in her original uniform (the Alan Davis pink one) and as Captain Britain (both the Krakoan-era armor and the Knights of X tunic)

- Marvel Contest of Champions (which, by the way, will get a competitor next year with DCKO): as Captain Britain (the Krakoan-era armor)

- Marvel Future Fight: both her Disassembled uniform and the first Hellfire Gala outfit

- Marvel Super War: both her Disassembled uniform and an original "Psionic Knight" armor

It's worth noting, however, that all of these are alternate skins, with "Ninjalocke" being the default skin in all of these games (except Contest of Champions, where Psylocke and Captain Britain are considered different characters altogether).